Interested in further supporting FangCon? Want to learn more about what makes a convention run? Want a chance at some pretty snazzy prizes? This is the page for you then! Behind the scenes we have volunteers who make up the backbone of FangCon. Any amount of time you can give is helpful, whether it's an hour or all day. We also like to give our volunteers tokens of our appreciation which can include exclusive prints, t-shirts, and other goodies that will be determined closer to the con date. These rewards will be based on the number of hours you dedicate to volunteering. If you'd like to volunteer, please click the link below and fill out the form. This form lets us get to know you and what area you can best help with. If you have any questions, please feel free to email Timber Wolf at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Volunteer
If you are interested in volunteering, please click this link to sign up!
Open Volunteer Positions
- Help out with special events such as the fursuit games, dances, and Furry Drama Show
- Act as a stage hand helping pre set props and assisting performers get on stage
- Able to enjoy the entertainment while working
- Walk around the hotel and specifically the convention area to keep the con problem free
- Watch over equipment, etc.
- Special security Tees.
- Make sure the area stays nice and clean
- Keep food and drinks stocked up
- Let staff members know if supplies are running low
- Help prepare attendee goodie bags
- Assist con-goers with the registration process
- Uses the computer and printer for badges
- Honorary "Go For"
- Asked to help out with odd jobs as needed
- Aids the other departments
- Needed Thursday afternoon to Friday morning for setup
- Needed Sunday night to Monday afternoon for teardown
- More physically exerting than most of the other volunteer positions due to the lifting
- Badge checks for those who enter or leave the game room
- Keep an eye on the games being loaned
- Store games not being used
Door Guard/Badge Check
- Make sure that people attending the con have been properly registered
- Make sure no one is at a panel/event who shouldn't be there (for example, regular attendees in a super sponsor only event)
- Get to claim to be a "bouncer"
How to Volunteer
If you are interested in volunteering, please indicate your willingness to do so during your registration. You can also email Timber Wolf at email@example.com
Want to do More?
Is volunteering not enough to show your support to FangCon? Then we hope that you'll consider being a panelist. Panels greatly improve the con experience. If you'd like to run a panel, please email Draconis at JesterJaguar@gmail.com and cc Keefur at firstname.lastname@example.org with your panel idea.